Andreeva FW 2015/16
ZOE is happy to introduce you ANDREEVA AW 15/16 collection. Ukrainian brand which bringing an artistic tint to the contemporary classics.The authentic ethnic motifs reinterpreted in the light of the present-day developments, attention to details (especially, the hand-made ones), interesting silhouettes, and deep love for exquisite workmanship are the brand’s signature style.
We interviewed her to find out of this promising and talented designer.
1) When and how you decided that you wanted to be a designer?
ANDREEVA was founded in 2010.I graduated from the Kyiv Fine Arts School as a paiter and for a long period was dealing with interior design and decoration.Later, I launched an atelier which had a big success among the customers and finally, evolved in ambitious Andreeva brand.
2) It was your dream job?
It was the dream of childhood to create amazing apparel for women.
3) Which is the first thing you designed and for who (yourself,a friend…)?
I designed for myself a skirt from my mother’s dress and I was amazed of it. I didn’t have a sewing machine, so I did the skirt by handmade.
4) Who’s the designer you admire the most and why?
In my childhood the first designer i fell in love with was Dior. I was impressed by his precision and his understanding of the clothing.
5) Who’s your muse, your icon, when you create a dress?
One of my muse is my daughter. She has inspired me to create fresh and modern collection. Now we started creating the collections together.
6) If you had to design an entire collection using just one color, which is the one you’d pick and why?
I think it would be white because it is clean and light color. I can see white color as a clean peace of paper where I can create my ideas.
7) Who’s the first person you show your sketches to?
The first sketches I present them to my daughter. We discuss the shape…lines and color.
8) The fabric you love the most…silk, lace, velvet and why?
I use luxurious natural fabrics, such as pure silk, cotton, chiffon, jackard,as well as finest jersey and
9) If your clothes had a soundtrack, which songs you’d choose?
Any music which contains love and happiness.
10) Do you have any trick to avoid that “blank page” moment when you’re at the beginning of the designing of a new collection? Do you watch a movie, flip an old magazine…
To create a new collection i always look at picture of naive art.
11) If you weren’t a designer which job in the fashion world you would like to do and why?
If I wasn’t designer I would like to be a stylist because I also love creating the style and look.