The 34th edition of the International Festival of Fashion, Photography and Fashion accessories, Hyères, will take place between Thursday 25 and Monday 29 April 2019 at the villa Noailles. The exhibitions will be open to the public until 26 May 2019.
Jean-Pierre Blanc is both the founder and the director of the festival which will be presided over by Pascale Mussard. Since 1986, the festival has promoted and supported young international fashion design, since 1997 a competition has also existed for emerging photographer and this year, for the third time, a competition will also recognise young fashion accessory designers.
The festival is acknowledged as the oldest fashion competition aimed at young professionals. Several prizes are awarded to the competing designers thanks to grants provided by the festival’s partners who commit, together with the festival, to provide long term support. Practical assistance is provided right from the selection stage as well as during a period of two years in various different domains: financing, production, workmanship, materials, production, legal, media, exhibitions, workshops and residencies. This year again new partners are providing their support for this young generation by joining together with the arts centre
The fashion jury is presided over by Natacha Ramsay-Levi. The jury met in Paris at Chloé’s creative design studios on January 23, 2019 in order to choose the 10 finalists of the competition (300 entries received from over 50 nationalities, 47 shortlisted).
The jury is composed of:
- Natacha Ramsay-Levi artistic director, Chloé Paris president of the jury
- Michael Amzalag graphic designer, M/M (Paris) Paris
- Mathias Augustiniak graphic designer, M/M (Paris) Paris
- Camille Bidault Waddington Fashion Editor and consultant Paris
- Sigrid Bouaziz Actress Paris
- Charlotte Casiraghi Paris
- Jo Ellison Fashion Writer, The Financial Times London
- Guillaume Houzé Image and Communication Director at Galeries Lafayette and BHV Marais Paris
- Liya Kebede Model, fashion designer New York
- Ariane Labed Actress Athens, Paris
- Samira Nasr Fashion Director, Vanity Fair USA New York
- Alexia Niedzielski Editor-in-Chief, SYSTEM London
- Jojo Qian Fashion Director, T Magazine China Shangai
- Rushemy Botter & Lisi Herrebrugh Fashion designers Grand Prix of the jury Première Vision 2018 Paris
The jury has chosen ten fashion designers from 9 nationalities. Their collections will be presented during 3 fashion shows, open to the public
and to the professionnals, directed by Maida Grégory-Boina. The collections will also be presented in showrooms during the festival, then in a collective exhibition in the villa Noailles till May 26, 2019.
The finalists of the 2019 fashion competition are:
- Enikova Dita Latvia womenswear
- Tetsuya Doi, Youta Anazawa & Manami Toda Japan womenswear
- Emilia Kuurila Finland menswear
- Milla Lintilä Finland womenswear
- Yana Monk Russia menswear
- Roisin Pierce Ireland womenswear
- Christoph Rumpf Austria menswear
- Tina Schwizgebel Switzerland menswear
- Tsung-Chien Tang Taiwan menswear
- Lucille Thievre France womenswear
The Grand Prix of the jury Première Vision consists of:
– a grant of 20,000 euros offered by Première Vision and a high level of visibility at Première Vision Paris show in September
– the opportunity to undertake a project with CHANEL’s Métiers d’art, up to 20,000 euros
– a collaboration with Petit Bateau, with a prize of 10,000 euros plus royalties, for the creation of one or more styles that will be manufactured and sold by the brand.
– the opportunity to discover Swarovski’s headquarters and archives in Austria.
The Chloé Prize consists of a grant of 20 000 euros.
The Prix des Métiers d’art will reward the best collaboration between one of the ten finalists of the 34th festival and CHANEL’s ten Métiers d’art. The winner will receive a donation of 20,000 euros to make a new creative project to be exhibited next year. The duos will be formed according to the birth dates of the candidates and the date the Métiers d’art joined Paraffection, CHANEL’s subsidiary. Other special prizes could be awarded by the fashion jury.
Grand Partner of the International Festival of Fashion, Photography and Fashion Accessories in Hyères since 2014, CHANEL has reinforced its support for the activities of the festival with the creation of the new Prix des Métiers d’art.
The Prix des Métiers d’art will reward the best collaboration between one of the ten finalists of the 34th festival and CHANEL’s ten Métiers d’art. The winner will receive a donation of 20,000 euros to make a new creative project to be exhibited next year. The duos will be formed according to the birth dates of the candidates and the date the Métiers d’art joined Paraffection, CHANEL’s subsidiary.
The CHANEL Métiers d’art that will collaborate with the finalists are: Desrues, Ateliers de Verneuil en Halatte, Lemarié, Maison Michel, Massaro, Lesage, Goossens, Montex, Causse and Lognon. As the Grand Partner of the 34th International Festival of Fashion, Photography and Fashion Accessories in Hyères, CHANEL will award the winners of the Première Vision Grand Prix du Jury and the Swarovski Fashion Accessories Grand Prix du Jury, a collaboration project with its Métiers d’art, financing the development, in their ateliers, of the silhouettes and the accessories, up to 20,000 euros. Joining forces with the Photography Grand Prix du Jury, CHANEL will give a 20,000 euros prize to the winner.
CHANEL is the main patron of the permanent exhibition Charles et Marie-Laure de Noailles, une vie de mécènes, at the Villa Noailles, and continues its official partnership with the make-up cabin at the festival runway shows.
The photography jury is presided over this year by Craid McDean. The jury met in Paris, at Première heure’s studio, on January 23, 2019 in order to chose the ten finalists of the competition (700 entries received from 50 nationalities, 61 shortlisted).
The jury is composed of:
- Craid McDEAN Photographer New York president of the jury
- Marc Ascoli Creative Director, AnOther Paris
- Thomas Bonnouvrier Manager, Art + Commerce Paris
- Patrice Haddad Producer, Première Heure Paris
- Paris Lees Journalist Londres
- Patrick Li Creative Director, founder, Li Inc. New York
- Guinevere Van Seenus Model New York
- Masha Vasyukova FILMMAKER PARIS
- Eva O’LEARY Grand Prix of the photography jury 2018 New York
The jury has chosen ten young photographers from 7 nationalities. Their photographs will be presented in two collective exhibitions in the villa Noailles and in the Tour des Templiers, opens till May 26, 2019. The ten photographers will be commissionned to shoot two new series in the frame of the competition: for the Still Life Prize, by using accessories jewelry loan by the partners of the festival and for the American Vintage Photography Prize from the fashion collection of the brand.
The finalists of the 2019 photography competition are:
- Federico Berardi Switzerland – Italy
- Hubert Crabieres France
- Kerry J Dean United Kingdom
- Tommy Kha China – USA
- Hilla Kurki Finland
- Vincent Levrat Switzerland
- Alice Mann South Africa
- Andrew Nuding Ireland
- Jean-Vincent Simonet France
- Elsa & Johanna France
CHANEL supports the Grand Prix of the photography Jury. The prize-winner will be rewarded with a grant of 20,000 euros from CHANEL.
For the three coming years, American Vintage will partner with the Festival of Fashion, Photography and Fashion Accessories, Hyères by creating the “American Vintage Photography award”. The grant, whose value equals 15,000 euros (including 5,000 euros for the selected photographer), consists in a fashion photoshoot order. It will be awarded to one of the finalists.
The Prize is granted of 5,000 euros. Other special prizes could be awarded by the photography jury
The Fashion accessories jury is presided over, for this third year, by Charlotte Chesnais. The jury met in Paris, at the Galerie Pierre Passebon, on January 23, 2019 in order to choose the ten finalists of the competition (over 150 entries received from 32 nationalities, 38 shortlisted).
- Charlotte Chesnais Designer president of the jury Paris
- Elodie Bouchez Actress Paris
- Clara Cornet Creative and Merchandising Director, Galeries Lafayette Champs-Elysées Paris
- Marina Foïs Actress Paris
- Patrick Goossens Artistic Director, Maison Goossens Paris
- Caroline Issa Fashion director, Tank magazine London
- Isabelle Kountoure Fashion Content director, Wallpaper* London
- Ezra Petronio Editor, Creative Director and Photographer, Self Service Paris
- Julia Sarr-Jamois Fashion Editor at Large, British Vogue & Senior Fashion Editor, i-D Paris
- Aleksandra Woroniecka Fashion Editor-in-chief, Vogue Paris Paris
- Julia Dessirier, Flora Fixy & Kate Fichard Grand Prix Accessoires de mode Swarovski 2018 Paris
The jury has chosen ten young fashion accessories designers from X nationalities. Their collections will be presented to the public and to the professionnals in a collective exhibition in the villa Noailles till May 26, 2019.
The finalists of the 2019 fashion accessories competition are:
- Fanny Aigroz Switzerland
- Dorian Cayol & Quentin Barralon France
- Martial Charasse France
- Chen Whei Hung & Rawla Raiheth Thailand – India
- Eun-Song Joo Germany
- Mathilde Le Gagneur France
- Sarah Levy Belgium
- Kexuan Li China
- Noelia Morales Spain
- Maria Nina Vaclavkova Czech Republic
The Grand Prix Accessoires de Mode Swarovski consists of:
– a grant of 15,000 euros from Swarovski
– the opportunity to discover Swarovski’s headquarters and archives in Austria
– the opportunity to undertake a project with CHANEL’s Métiers d’art, up to 20,000 euros.