Burberry and Kris Wu hosted two events in Shanghai on Saturday (12/16/2017) to celebrate their latest creative collaboration the Burberry x Kris Wu collection.
Earlier in the day, Kris hosted an event at Burberry’s Kerry Centre flagship store to preview the collection, followed by an after party in collaboration with T Magazine China.
Burberry and T Magazine China celebrate the launch of the Burberry x Kris Wu collection in Shanghai.
Attendees at the events included Estelle Chen, You Tianyi, Ye Xiang, Zhao Qinghe, Linda Li, Fil Xiao Bai, Mr Bags, Li Shiying, Song Weilong, Yvonne Ching, Rigel Devis, Li Hui, Wu Ling, Yuyu, Li Yilin, Michelle Yeh, Liu Xiao, Yu Cong, Elvis Han, Zhang Xueying, Wei Daxun, After Journey, Xin Zhilei, Xander Zhou and Andy Koh.
The Burberry x Kris Wu collection, created and curated by Kris Wu and Christopher Bailey, launches. The 19-piece collection includes iconic and everyday pieces from a trench coat with prints of Kris’s personal tattoos to The Rucksack embroidered with his song lyrics.
To coincide with the launch of the collection, Kris has released a new track titled ‘B.M.’, which shares references to the musician’s experiences with the fashion house.
‘Kris is an incredibly inspiring artist who embraces and is authentically involved in all the creative worlds of music, acting and fashion. Working with him has enabled us to push the traditional boundaries often associated with collaborations, and jump head first into a rich and truly mutual creative partnership. He is one of his generation’s unique talents and it is a great privilege and pleasure to work with him.’ – Christopher Bailey, President and Chief Creative Offcer, Burberry
Chen Yu, Li Yilin, Michelle Yeh, Michelle Ye at the event to celebrate the launch of the Burberry x Kris Wu collection.
Burberry has a longstanding relationship with Kris Wu who was announced as the brand’s ambassador in October 2016. He made his runway debut with the brand closing it’s London menswear show in January 2016 and most recently attended the brand’s September 2017 show in London.
‘I am happy to be continuing to partner with Burberry and on such a creative collaboration. It has been a special experience working with Christopher Bailey on this collection, which integrates my personal style into classic Burberry pieces. I was so inspired by the spirit, forward-thinking attitude and heritage of Burberry that I wrote and recorded a new Hip-Hop track called ‘B.M.’ which encapsulates my experience with the fashion house.’ – Kris Wu
Burberry x Kris Wu collection 2017
– Graphic motif sweatshirts, sweatpants, and hoodies printed and embroidered with artwork of Kris’s personal tattoos and song lyrics.
– Outerwear pieces include a classic leather biker jacket and a soft-touch plastic cagoule in Modern Stewart Royal tartan. The trench coat and single-breasted car coat have a relaxed-fit design and come in lightweight, weatherproof gabardine woven at the Burberry mill in Yorkshire, England.
– Vintage check cotton shirts and printed T-shirts are oversized, inspired by the artist’s style.
– Accessories include Vintage check and leather baseball caps, and the signature leather-trimmed lightweight rucksack, reimagined with Kris Wu.
– Burberry x Kris Wu is available in select stores and globally on Burberry.com with new additions to the collection being introduced in January 2018.
Burberry x Kris Wu collection 2017