Find us on Facebook
Rendez-vous at the 32nd edition of the International Fashion and Photography Festival of Hyères
This year, for its 32nd edition, the Festival of Hyères invades Villa Noailles from 27 April 2017 to 1 May 2017. The exhibitions will be visible until 28 May 2017.
The festival, led by Jean-Pierre Blanc, encourages and supports young creation in fashion, photography and for the first time in fashion accessories.
For the fashion creation part, Bertrand Guyon, director of the style of Maison Schiaparelli, was appointed president of the jury this year.
On January 25, 2017, after meeting the jury nominated the finalists of the competition. As every year, the jury is made up of great and diverse names in the fashion world, such as Laure Hériard-Dubreuil (Founder and Director, The Webster, Miami) and Murielle Lemoine (Director, Maison Lesage, Paris).
The jury chose the ten young fashion designers from eight different nationalities:
– For collections: Hermione Flynn (New Zealand) Gesine Försterling (Germany), Maria Korkeila (Finland), Marianna Ladreyt (France).
– For collections Women: Hyunwoo Kim (South Korea), Vanessa Schindler (Switzerland), Marine Serre (France), Lotte Van Dijk (the Netherlands), Fuhong Yang (China).
The creations of the ten selected candidates will be presented during three parades open to the public and professionals.
For its creators, different prizes will be awarded:
– The Grand Prix Première Vision offers: a creation grant of € 15,000 donated by Première Vision, a collaboration project with the Crafts of Art of CHANEL, for 15,000 euros, a collaboration with Petit Bateau with 10,000 € for the creation of one or more models to be manufactured and marketed by the brand.
– The Prix Chloé with a grant of € 15,000
For the photography contest, the jury chaired by photographer Tim Walker chose the 10 young finalists of the competition, from 9 different nationalities:
Nolwenn Brod (France), Cordula Heins and Caroline Speisser (Germany), Lucie Khahoutian (Armenia), Themba Mbuyisa of South Africa, Nancy Newberry of the USA, Sofia Okkonen of Finland, Roos Quakernaat Rodriguez (USA / Sweden), Paul Rousteau (France), and Daragh Soden (Ireland).
Two great prizes are planned to reward the best photographers:
– The Grand Prize of the jury, which was associated with Maison CHANEL with a prize of € 15,000 for the winner.
– The American Vintage Photography Award with a prize of € 15,000 for the best single print from an American Vintage selection.
Other prizes will be offered by the festival’s partners:
– Elie Saab offers a photographer a creative grant of € 6,000 and a three-week artistic residence in Lebanon to create a series on Beirut.
– Eyes on Talents offers the winners a specific communication to the member brands of Eyes on Talents.
– Le Cœur will produce in Paris the exhibition of a photo laureate during PARIS PHOTO.
New this year, a Fashion Accessories Award will reward the best designer. The jury that nominated the finalists was chaired by Pierre Hardy and included Laure Hériard-Dubreuil (Founder and Director, The Webster, Miami), Laurence Reulet
(Director of Jewelery, Hermes, Paris), Samira Nasr (Fashion Editor-in-Chief, ELLE US, New York).
The ten finalist accessories creators of 5 different nationalities are:
– For bag collections: Wendy Andreu (France), Alexandre Girard (France), Emma Montague (Denmark / Australia)
– Jewelery collections: Christophe Lhote (France), Noémie Nivelet (France), Mayeul Reignault (France), Eeva Rönkä (Finland)
– But also: Marina Chedel (Switzerland) with her Shoes collection, Thibaut Rodde and Sandrine Pachecus (France) and their glasses, and also Sofya Samareva (Kazakstan) for her hats.
-To reward the winner, the Festival partnered with Swarovski House to create the Swarovski Fashion Accessories Prize with € 15,000.
phone: +39 091-2741420
Redazione e amministrazione: via XII Gennaio, 9 – 90141- Palermo, Italy
Registrazione Testata giornalistica online del Tribunale di Palermo n. 14 del 10/07/2002
Coordinamento Editoriale: Gioia Gange